- “Bilingual Nation 2030” unveiled by the Executive Yuan
- “2030 Bilingual Taiwan National Policy Development Blueprint” put forth by the National Development Council for implementation by various competent agencies, respectively and accordingly.
- “Small Town Taiwan” kickstarted by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications to assist owners of 40 retail stores in Jiufen Old Street in New Taipei City, Lugang Old Street in Changhua County, Donggang Township in Pingtung County and Chenggong Township in Taitung County to improve their English language aptitude.
- “English Coaching for Retailers of Small Town Taiwan” held.
- The Department of Commerce partnered with Studio Classroom for the first time, as native English language instructors from SC visited retail stores to provide one-on-one language coaching.
- The map of “English Friendly stores in Lugang Old Street” unveiled.
- “Shop Lugang in Effortless English” that spotlights English Friendly stores was held, attracting approximately 600 shoppers.
- “English Friendly” Logo premiered.
- English language proficiency coaching was offered to 80 retailers and dining services in Huangang Business District In Keelung City, Calligraphy Greenway in Taichung City, Yancheng Business District in Kaohsiung City and San Zhong Circle in Hualien County.
- “English Corner” officially launched on Facebook.
- Online English coaching made available every month, at free of charge (program ended in October, 2020).
- Partnership forged with the Institute of Applied English of the National Taiwan Ocean University, the Department of English of Da-Yeh University, Department of Foreign Language Instruction at Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages and the Department of English of National Dong Hwa University, to host “English powwows” in locations where English language coaching was offered.
- New Southbound English presentation and spoken language proficiency boot camps held in Taipei and Taichung, and attended by 42 retail headquarters.
- The DoC partnered with Studio Classroom, as native English language instructors from SC visited the four locations chosen for the makeover to provide one-on-one language coaching.
- The map of English Friendly stores in Huangang Business District In Keelung City, Calligraphy Greenway in Taichung City, Yancheng Business District in Kaohsiung City and San Zhong Circle in Hualien County launched.
- “Shop English Friendly” app launched.
- “A Stroll through the Calligraphy Greenway for an English Encounter” was hosted. The event attracted over 800 participants to experience what it’s like to shop in English Friendly stores.
- On-job coaching offered to partners staffed at individual locations of the following retail chains: Kebuke Tea Co., Wu Tao Chishang Bento and Fresh Nature Teas. Native English language instructors from Studio Classroom visited the aforesaid locations to offer one-on-one real scenario language coaching.
- “English-friendly” logo updated.
- A three-day, two-night English presentation boot camp was held in “Uni-President Mawudu Resort and Convention Center,” and attended by the headquarters staff of 20 retail chains.
- “Traveler-Friendly Adventure Proposal” was launched to select high-performing retail businesses for the bilingual makeover.
- Small towns selected for the makeover were announced. They are: Danshui of New Taipei City, Dajia of Taichung City, Taibao of Chiayi County and Tiehua Village of Taitung County. 80 retail stores, dining and lifestyle amenity services received language coaching.
- Bilingual presentation coaching for retail stores and business services launched.
- Online English classes with foreign teachers from Studio Classroom.
- Native English language instructors from Studio Classroom traveled to the four chosen tourism destinations to review coaching results.
- The bilingualized map of English Friendly stores in Danshui of New Taipei City, Dajia of Taichung City, Taibao of Chiayi County and Tiehua Village of Taitung County launched.
- Portal site of bilingualized business resources and support went live.
- “Speak English Easily, Do Business Instantly” Bilingual Shops Online Promotion Campaign presented.
- Sign up now for “Project: Bilingualize Your Business!”
- 5 bilingualism sessions for independent business owners (Happening now until July, 2022)
- Held Business English for Global Franchise Camp at the Primasia Conference & Business Center, 20 companies attended the camp.
- Held Sales English for Chain Stores Camp at the GIS Taichung Xinwuri Convention Center, 25 companies attended the camp.